Counseling Startups, Founders and Investors
We work closely with startup companies, founders and investors, from initial concept to exit, and every step in between. We have counseled numerous startup and early stage companies operating within a broad array of industries, including technology, social media, education, energy and oilfield services, and medical and health services. Founding attorney Robert Rapfogel also has extensive prior experience working with the Texas Emerging Technology Fund, a $485 million state fund created by the Texas Legislature to spur the development and commercialization of emerging technologies in the state.
Our Startup Counseling Includes:
- Advice on appropriate choice of entity and business organization, including agreements among the founders;
- Review and feedback on business plans and investor presentations;
- Advising on financing and money raising transactions with investors and lenders, and preparation of the investment related documents and agreements (including subscription agreements, promissory notes, convertible notes, private placement memoranda, investor rights agreements, shareholders agreements, and designation of new classes of preferred equity and related rights and preferences);*
- Assisting with trademark registrations and intellectual property assignment and licensing matters;
- Advising and preparing employment and consulting agreements, including non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, as well as equity and non-equity compensation plans and agreements;
- Providing advice on corporate governance and management structuring; and
- Providing ongoing advice on the legal implications of business decisions.
More practice areas: