In addition to providing transactional counsel to for-profit businesses, we also assist clients with the formation and corporate governance of nonprofit organizations.
Our Nonprofit Services Include:
- Assessing whether a nonprofit organization is appropriate to accomplish the goals of the client;
- Forming nonprofit entities and drafting bylaws, minutes and resolutions;
- Counseling on corporate governance issues, including board structure, roles and responsibilities;
- Coordinating with the client’s certified public accountant or other tax professional to prepare and file the appropriate applications with the Internal Revenue Service to establish and maintain the non-profit organization’s federal tax exemption status; and
- Providing outside general counsel services, include drafting and negotiating commercial contracts; executive and staff employment agreements; and contracts for independent contractors, vendors, consultants and fund raisers.
More practice areas: